Dr. K. S. Ravichandran, Advisory Partner
Dr. Ravichandran has more than 22 years of experience in Corporate Law and IPR related matters. Prior to taking up the profession of Company Secretaries, he had served the Indian Air Force for 9 years in technical stream as a Trained Russian Radar Specialist. He holds a Diploma in Electronics and Radio Communication Engineering awarded by the Indian Air Force and a Diploma in Technology awarded by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. He was also a Lecturer in Commerce in Pasighat working for the Government of Arunachal Pradesh for short period.
Dr. Ravichandran, a Graduate in Law with a Masters in Commerce, earned his Doctorate from Alagappa University for his thesis titled ‘A study on the Effectiveness of the Present System of Trial of Offences under the Companies Act, 1956 in protecting public interest’. He is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India and is also a Member of Secretarial Standards Board (SSB) of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
His areas of expertise include:
- Corporate Restructuring
- Protection of Intellectual Property and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appearance before all quasi-judicial bodies for matters on company law and intellectual property rights.
- Drafting legal petitions, applications covering all Corporate Laws.
Dr. Ravichandran is also a prolific writer and speaker. His work has been published in many leading business newspapers, journals and magazines in India. He has also authored several books such as the following:
- Secretarial, Securities and Management Audit
- Prosecution of Directors and Officers under Company Law relief and Remedies
- A treatise on Corporate lending, Charges, Debt Recovery, Enforcement of security interest and winding up.
- A treatise on the Law relating to Limited Liability Partnerships
- Related Party Transactions under the Companies Act, 2013
He is a member of the INSOL, AIPPI and also Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.